Tuesday 21 February 2012

February 21 - More Forrest Trails

Not much to do around Forrest so with Nick gone to try out the Yaugher Mtb trails, myself and the kids headed to Colac to shop. Nothing much worth seeing here either, but at least we got some food, a half decent coffee, and some beer for tonightJ




Nick managed to cover most the of the 10 trails tracks around Yaugher and packed me off for the afternoon to cover a number of them, giving the "Black diamond" ones a miss. Not a bad idea considering I was phoneless, and without pump, patches, food and alone. They were absolutely brilliant - great single track and so much fun. Just a pity to be on my own. Luckily I had no mechanicals, and with 2.5 hours riding I saw no one, one echidna, and a few wallabies on the trails, that’s it! I think I may have finally found my mojo and love for the bike again.

Went to Barwon Reseviour for a bbq - doesn't sound too exciting, but man has this council got too much cash on their hands. Beautiful park, sparkling bbqs and absolutely abandoned - as one may expect being just outside Forrest.


1 comment:

  1. Christine 26/2/12 12.09pm
    Your ride sounds brilliant - just what the soul needs to regenerate!

    ReplyDelete